For 2024 the aim remains to post a review at least every other Friday and to complete the Bookpacking reading journey.

10 April 2015

Reading Challenge 2015

No review this week as I am working through some lengthy tomes at present. But instead this 150th post will share thoughts on the Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge.

Although nominally the challenge is to read 50 books (52 really as one has to be a trilogy) it is actually a list of 50 characteristics to tick off. And as most books will satisfy several criteria it should be possible, within my normal reading pattern, to cover most bases. We shall see.

In fact, thirteen books into the new year, seventeen boxes can already be checked off, some multiple times, as I have no problem with ‘nonfiction’, ‘set in a different country’, ‘female author’ or ‘translated from another language’.

Looking at the rest of the list I foresee difficulties stumbling over a book by an author with my initials, or one published in my year of birth. Also a graphic novel and one featuring non-human characters will stretch my normal literary parameters, but then that is the whole point.

And the final box – a book started but never finished – means that Moby Dick could raise his head once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment